Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The traveling card

Hello, hello to everyone!

I am back to share the traveling thank you card, finally.  This is the card that is accompanying my brother-in-law to Haiti for my husband's Aunt Katie to say thank you for the adorable gift and gorgeous card she sent to welcome the newest addition to our family.  She is a doctor who is building a hospital in Haiti and my brother-in-law is also a doctor and will be traveling there soon to help out.  Hard, but rewarding work I think.

This one took me a bit longer than normal as I have been practicing with my Copics.  I think it came out decently for a beginner with an extremely limited supply of colors (I think I have 16 so far LOL!).  Except for one area in particular that I ended up making worse instead of better, I was happy with it.  I used the sketch for Whimsie Doodles January challenge.  

I hope you enjoy!

Challenges:
Whimsie Doodles - sketch challenge
Tuesday Alchemy - anything goes
Dream Valley Challenges - girls, girls, girls
Through the Craftroom Door - anything goes




































And the close-up:



































Thanks so much for looking!

Size:  5 x 7
Papers:  basic card stock, DCWV
Image:  Boo with teddy bear from Bugaboo Stamps
Dies:  Classic scallop circles from Spellbinders 
Stamps:  Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Victorian Velvet distress ink
Embellishments:  Ribbon flower from my stash 


- Jenn

3 comments:

  1. absolutely precious! I will keep your family in my prayers,,,,,what they are doing is amazing! I hope you and the baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! Love the cute image and the soft colors used.Thank you so much for sharig your talent with us at Tuesday Alchemy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw how sweet, love the colour combo! thanks for linking up with us at Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment- it is greatly appreciated!